Pray for Kim Brown, reaching needy children with the love of Jesus in Thailand.September 21, 2011
Kim’s work in Thailand includes overseeing five Christ-like ministries for tribal people who are coping with the problems caused by AIDS, disabilities, and migration from their traditional villages to urban slums through the ministry of Integrated Ministries for Ethnic Minorities Foundation (IMEMF) Lack of land and employment has forced people from rural areas to cities to find work. They are often exploited on the job, and are at risk for being infected with the AIDS virus. The Thailand Karen Baptist Convention sponsors these ministries.
Kim writes: I am so grateful for the prayers of faithful friends and supporters—I know that praying makes a difference! Thank you for taking the time to praise and pray with us!
Praise and Prayer Points:
· September is the month when school restarts for many families, but for our kids in Thailand this month marks the end of the semester. Please be praying for our students at the House of Love (HOL) to study and do well on semester finals at the end of September.
· Please be praying for the citizenship process that is in its final steps for Ketsarin. We have spent many (many!!) hours working on this over the years, and hopefully a positive decision will be reached in the next month. Please pray that Ketsarin will be able to have an ID card that will enable her to live and work here in Thailand.
· A long-time friend from the Norway Baptists, Tone Maeland, visited in July. I did not actually see her, but I know she was a blessing to our children both at the House of Love (HOL) the House of Blessing (HOB). Tone is also the person who encourages the families of our HOB children to sign a contract so that their preschoolers do not work during the school week in exchange for practical helps like rice.
· This semester, the House of Love has 4 deaf children who study at the deaf school, and it is a real praise that the school is open to having our kids do Christian study while the others do lessons in Buddhism. Please be praying for the deaf church which had closed, but now may reopen.
· I hear the CDPD’s (Community-Based Rehabilitation Project) building project in Mae Sariang is going well—praise the Lord! Please be praying for the CDPD staff and families.