Pray for Annie and Jeff Dieselberg, helping women and children caught up in human trafficking in Thailand.February 1, 2012
The Dieselberg Family
Annie and Jeff serve in Bangkok, Thailand, at NightLight, an international organization committed to addressing the complex issues surrounding trafficking and prostitution by catalyzing individual and community transformation. NightLight's vision is to offer intervention to sexually exploited women and children, to enable them to discover their dignity, and to provide a program of holistic transformation, empowering them to live and work in their community.
Annie writes: This year has gotten off to a very fast start. Having had a difficult 2011, we are glad to be in a new year with new beginnings. We are always thankful for the amazing support we receive from our prayer warriors. You help make what we do possible.
- Two baby boys were born in January. We are excited to welcome them into our NightLight family.
- Courtney Dow, director of NightLight USA, spoke about NightLight at the Passion 2012 conference in Atlanta. 45,000 students gathered and raised over $3 million for anti-trafficking. $45,000 has been allocated for NightLight Foundation here in Bangkok.
- Two teams came to serve NightLight in January. The LA team blessed us in prayer ministry while the Sacramento team helped set up an open house party in the red light outreach center.
- New babies born and their mothers: Please pray for health and protection of these babies and women. Both are single mothers so it won't be easy. Please pray especially for "O-y" who is in one hospital with an infection, while her baby is in a separate hospital with jaundice.
- Two sisters are leaving NightLight to return home since their older sister will arrange marriages for them. Pray that they continue to grow in their faith as they move on from us. It is difficult to see the family pressures exert so much influence over the women.
- Please pray for our 59 women, now at NightLight. Please pray a covering of protection over them, and pray that they will grow in intimacy with God.
- Pray that we have will have direction from God as we look for 2 new Thai staff members for the outreach center.
- Pray for guidance in our search for a new director for NightLight LA.
- Pray for funding support for our offices in Bangkok and in the US. We hold firm to our faith that God will provide all that we need according to his riches in glory.
- Pray this year will be a year full of blessings and seeing the fruit of our labor and your prayers.