Scholarships for Mexicali Baptist Seminary
Goal: $12,060 annually
About this Mission Project
What does it cost to go to seminary? In the U.S., the average for one year is $11,000. At the Mexicali Baptist Seminary in Baja, Mexico, one year costs only $1,000! But even this amount is out of reach for most seminary students in Mexico, who often come from homes and churches with very limited resources.
Mexicali Seminary scholarships make it possible for young people to follow God’s call in their lives as they study to become pastors and church planters in Mexico. Each year, there are approximately 20 students in need of a scholarship.
- $50 pays for 10% of the cost of one semester for one student.
- $250 covers half the costs for one semester.
- $500 pays for tuition, room and meals for a semester as well as admission to a conference with intensive courses led by guest professors.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $12,060 each year to provide scholarships at the Mexicali Baptist Seminary in Baja, Mexico. The scholarship funds will cover tuition, housing, meals and attendance at an intensive conference.
This project will be managed by International Ministries (IM) missionary Tim Long and Seminary Director Gregorio Gamboa.
It is anticipated that this project will increase the number of trained pastors and church planters in Mexico, as well as the number of students and graduates serving in local churches.
Connect to this Mission Project
- Pray with Tim Long and his partners at the Mexicali Baptist Seminary that they might continue to be able to provide the much-needed pastoral and theological studies program for those God has called to be leaders in the churches in Baja, Mexico.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write Mexicali Seminary Scholarship on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For information, contact Chris Marziale.
The Mexicali Baptist Seminary offers a full range of Biblical, theological, pastoral and contextual studies. There are music programs and choirs (shown above) and a host of ministry opportunities. Eighty-five current and prospective church leaders are now enrolled at the seminary. They come from over 30 churches with an average membership of 60 people each.