Clean Water Buckets for the Dominican Republic
About this Mission Project
Many Dominican and Haitian family men work 12 hours a day in the sugar cane fields to support their families. Every day, the women and children walk to the nearest river or water source to collect water for cooking, bathing and drinking. The water is contaminated with bacteria and parasites, but it’s their only source of water.
Project “Clean Water” will provide 100 families with a specially filtered bucket. Water that is poured through the filtration system will then be safe and clean. These five-gallon buckets help families like Marina and Profeta (pictured at right) to be healthier and have a better life. Being healthier means not missing work or school.
- $55 provides one filter and bucket to a family in the bateys of the Dominican Republic.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $5,500 to purchase 100 buckets with special clay filters and a five-gallon container for each family to hold the filtered water. The purpose is to provide clean water for approximately 100 families in the Dominican Republic.
This project will be managed by missionary Madeline Flores-Lopez, who will educate the people on the need for safe, clean water. It is anticipated that this project will improve the overall health of the community.
Connect to this Mission Project
- Pray with Madeline Flores and IM partners in the Dominican Republic for many volunteer teams to come and help with construction projects, run Vacation Bible Schools, establish student scholarships, create new communities and do other mission projects.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write Water Project/Flores on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For more information, contact Chris Marziale.
Thanks to your support, hundreds of families will benefit from having a filtration bucket like the ones pictured above.