STEP Scholarships for Tijuana, Mexico
About this Mission Project
The Student Tuition Expense Program (STEP) is providing scholarships to pay for school uniforms, books, school supplies and a portion of tuition for a year. Each scholarship costs $265.
The goal is to help 100 children attend the Centro Pedagogico Didaque, a Baptist grade school in Tijuana, Mexico. Located in one of the poorest and most dangerous areas of the city, the school focuses on reaching barrio children who are disabled, disadvantaged or emotionally disturbed and thus unable to attend other schools.
Thanks to STEP, many children are able to feel safe and experience God’s love. Former recipients of STEP funds have gone on to pursue higher education, break free from the vicious cycle of poverty and become community leaders.
- $265 provides a scholarship for one student.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $265 per student for up to 100 students each school year in Tijuana, Mexico. The funds will pay for partial tuition, books, uniforms and school supplies.
The purpose is to provide an education for 100 children who otherwise could not afford to attend school. This project will be managed by International Ministries Missionary Patti Long.
It is anticipated that this project will make it possible for dozens of children to learn, grow and thrive so they can break the cycle of poverty.
Connect to this Mission Project
- Pray with missionary Patti Long and her partners in the Dios Con Nosotros convention of Baptist churches in Baja, Mexico, that their dream of 100 children being supported by STEP will become a reality.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write STEP Tijuana on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For information, contact Chris Marziale.
Many of the schools in Tijuana are overcrowded. Older children may not be eligible to attend any government school. STEP funds give these children a chance for a better future.