About this Mission Project
The 2010 earthquake in Haiti devastated colleges and universities in the Port au Prince area. The Université Chrétienne du Nord d’Haiti (UCNH) in Limbe was not damaged in the quake. They opened their doors to the future leaders of Haiti – mostly college juniors and seniors.
The university has begun construction on a new women’s dorm that will eventually house 200 female students from far away. The first phase of the project will allow UCNH to receive 50 students but first, the rooms need to be furnished.
Gifts and donations have been given to pour the foundation, purchase all the doors and cover the cost of shipping supplies and clearing customs.
- $100 purchases a desk.
- $120 buys a mattress.
- $250 provides a dresser.
- $362 buys a bunk bed unit.
- $500 will buy four mattresses.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $10,000 to purchase 25 bunk beds for 50 young women at the Université Chrétienne du Nord d’Haiti. This project will be managed by Rev. Dr. Jules Casséus, Rector of the University.
It is anticipated that this project will provide a safe and comfortable place for female students, enabling them to pursue their chosen course of study. Eventually, the dorm will house up to 200 students from far beyond Limbe.
Connect to this Mission Project
- Pray with Rev. Dr. Jules Casséus and the Haitian Baptist Convention that this project will enable the UCNH to continue to offer a quality academic experience to their students.
- Your donations make this mission project possible. Donate by check. Write Haiti Women’s Dorm on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family
[CAPTION FOR PHOTO]
The UCNH makes it possible for students to complete their studies in theology, business administration, agriculture and agronomy. Each of these fields are critical for Haiti’s long-term recovery and sustainability.