The Dieselberg family
Annie works with NightLight Design Co. Ltd., a business-as-mission, which employs and empowers women affected by the sex trade in Bangkok. Jeff teaches urban ministry with a team of Thai pastors at three Bangkok seminaries and is a chaplain at NightLight (NL).
They write: African women have been increasing on the streets of Bangkok the last few years and our prayers for breakthrough in rescuing the trafficked ones, have been answered! NL continues to grow and continues to struggle with the challenges of growing pains. Rejoice with us as you read of the victories, and pray with us as you read of the challenges. Your prayers are breaking ground for victories!
Two trafficked women from East Africa were rescued and sent home after learning jewelry skills to equip them on their return. It was exciting to see some of our NL women taking the time to teach skills to the women and to see them sharing their lives with one another.
- Pray for their safety, the safety of the team here, and for justice.
- Pray that the women can find a dignifying way of earning a living when they return and will not be harmed by the trafficker who is a close relative and is angry at losing the $5000 she was demanding of each. The women shared that after being deceived into coming here and being forced to prostitute, they would cry in the bathroom thinking it would be 3 years before they would see their children again. They are so grateful for God's intervention that has allowed them to return home within a month.
In the last month more than 10 women have applied for work. 5 women who left last year have returned asking for their jobs back and we have hired 4 new women as well.
- Pray for a strategy of placement. The economy is bad and the numbers of women seeking jobs is increasing. We are seeking to go beyond what is humanly possible. We seriously need more jewelry sales. Pray for God to supply what is needed
Two women accepted Christ this past month.
- Pray for "Kay" and "Penny" to be protected and secure in this new step forward. The woman, "Jane," whose story we shared last month, is doing very well after a rough beginning.
NightLight's church, Song Sawan (Send the Light), celebrated one year with 100 in attendance and a beautiful service of great worship and fellowship.
- Pray for Jeff, Anusorn, Nak, Panit and Pon as they lead the church and for the 12 women who were elected as leaders for this next year.