The Dieselberg family
Annie works with NightLight Design Co. Ltd., a business-as-mission, which employs and empowers women affected by the sex trade in Bangkok, Thailand. She also works directly with women who are being trafficked for sex in Bangkok, offering them hope and opportunities for escape and for new life in Jesus. Jeff teaches urban ministry with a team of Thai pastors at three Bangkok seminaries and is a chaplain at NightLight (NL).
- Pray for "N-t" who has returned again to Nightlight. She really struggles to stay off the streets and to break the addiction cycles.
- Pray for the women at NightLight. It seems that many are struggling to stay on track. As the economy worsens, the demands on them increase and the offer of men to provide support is an easy trap. Pray that they will have courage to keep going and to resist what looks like a quick fix but ends up being destructive. Pray specifically for "P-k," "K-t," and "L-y."
- Pray for the woman who was trafficked and her re-entry process. Pray for her family's safety.
- A trafficker who was arrested is now out on bail. Pray for justice and for protection of all those involved. Pray for the police to have wisdom and perseverance in seeking justice.
- Pray for "Cammy" a streetwalker from Africa. A fire the other night shook her up and made her consider the frailty of life. She says she is tired and needs to change but determined to make enough money for a good business start-up.
- Bee, one of our accountants is due to deliver her baby in September. She has struggled with high blood pressure but is praying to carry her baby to full term. "A" is also nearing her due date, so keep her in prayer as well.
- We are still trying to negotiate with the landlady of one the buildings we rent. She refuses to make a legal contract and is trying to extort back taxes of three years.
- Many of the women are struggling with money management as the cost of living rises. Pray that they will learn to draw healthy boundaries with friends and families who pressure them for financial support. Gambling rings and illegal loan sharks are always right around the corner and it is hard for the women to resist the temptation for fast money.
- Continue to pray for increase of the jewelry market. The more jewelry we sell, the more work and resources we have to keep the women employed.