Would you be willing to set aside $1 – one dollar – a day, to bless Wendy’s ministry in Democratic Republic of Congo?
Greetings to all who support Wendy Bernhard in her mission work! Great news about a new matching fund to stretch your giving dollars to support Wendy’s ministry!
This message is not intended for churches in our missionary partnership network. But if you are an individual asking how God might use you more fully, read on.
We want to thank all of you who have given the funds that make Wendy’s ministry in the Democratic Republic of Congo possible:
- sharing with the youth of her area that it is best to wait for sex until marriage – a good idea from God’s point of view, as well as in a country where AIDS is rampant;
- providing a twice-weekly radio program, "Youth: A Jewel and a Treasure," designed to remind young people of their infinite worth in the eyes of God, and encourage them not to waste their youth, but to live responsibly;
- teaching at the Bible Institute of Kimpese, training local pastors;
- traveling to share the good news of salvation through Jesus Christ, through use of the “Jesus” film and other media.
We are happy to share a short-time opportunity with those of you who want to support these efforts in DRCongo but haven’t yet made a regular commitment of resources. If you can give a dollar a day for one year, International Ministries has just announced the creation of a $200,000 fund that will match 50% of new individual pledges to missionary support for those who pledge to give $30 per month for one year.
Here’s how it works:
· the pledge must be from an individual who has not previously pledged to regularly support a particular missionary
· it must be at least $30 per month for 12 months; this will be matched at $15/month for one year, adding $180 to your pledge.
· although monthly payments are much preferred, quarterly, semi-annual or annual pledges will be honored for matching.
· an individual may make a qualifying pledge to more than one missionary and receive a match for each.
· the pledge must be made on-line at the International Ministries website (www.internationalministries.org) between April 19 and May 31, 2010.
· matching funds will be available on a first-come, first-served basis until the fund is exhausted or May 31, whichever comes first.
So if the Lord has been nudging you to step out on faith to support Wendy’s ministry in DRCongo, or the ministry of another IM missionary around the world, this may be just the opportunity that you have been waiting for.
Many people already give regularly to support Wendy’s ministry. Her yearly basic needs for her salary, health insurance and retirement funds is about $54,000 (World Mission Offering and International Ministries cover other expenses, but anything we can add to Wendy’s basic needs goes to her ministry, and frees up other funds for other IM missionaries.) If 100 people committed to this pledge of $30 a month, and that was matched in this program, it would cover Wendy’s entire basic needs for the year! If 70 people committed to this amount, it would cover Wendy’s needs for the rest of this year. Pass the word on to others who might not be getting this email!
To learn more about Wendy’s ministry: http://www.internationalministries.org/missionaries/47 or search for her on Facebook! Also, see the info at the bottom of this email for more contact information.
American Baptist International Ministries, organized in 1814, is the oldest Baptist mission agency formed in North America. We serve more than 2,500 short-term and long-term missionaries annually, bringing U.S. and Puerto Rico churches together with partners in 76 countries in cutting-edge ministries that tell the good news of Jesus Christ while meeting human needs.
P.O. Box 851
Valley Forge, PA 19482
(Please note: a reply to this email comes to Wendy’s MPNetwork address – if you wish to email her directly, see her personal email address below. Thanks!)
Missionary Partnership Network
with Wendy Bernhard
Missionary to the Democratic Republic of Congo
"And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others." 2 Timothy 2:2
Wendy's personal email - email@example.com
Missionary Partnership Network email - firstname.lastname@example.org