The Kelsey Family
Debbie and Jim assist the Evangelical Christian Baptist Union of Italy in ministry to English-speaking immigrant, particularly African, congregations.
Thank you for joining with others to pray for us. Our requests are:
- Wisdom and patience for immigrant pastors who are seeing much turnover in their churches due to job loss and family relocation.
- The "Second Generation" Conference in May which brings traditionally-Italian churches and immigrant churches together to discuss how both groups can work together for the benefit of immigrant children and their continuing participation in church life as they become adults.
- Emma's nurse aide practicum beginning May 9.
- Grace, a former trafficking victim, who will turn 18 and leave the shelter in June. Pray for a good place for her to live with a family that will encourage her in her continuing studies in cooking and restaurant management.
We praise God for:
- Our boys' continuing to make the most of their education and experience of growing up in Western Europe.
- The ongoing growth of our Missionary Partnership Network. It is a blessing to be constantly sustained by so many brothers and sisters and churches.
- A great working relationship between Debbie and the social worker with whom she is doing outreach on the streets.