The building project in Mae Sariang is going smoothly—look at the progress!
Khun Amnuayporn plus the IMEMF staff pose for a picture at the retirement dinner.
Two HOL kids give Khun Amnuayporn a gift during the retirement dinner. All of the children wrote special words of thanksgiving.
Integrated Ministries for Ethnic Minorities Foundation (IMEMF)
Prayer and Praise for November, 2011
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." I Thessalonians 5:16-18
November has always been time of giving thanks—not just because the American holiday will occur this month, but because my birthday also is in November. In Thai culture, the person celebrating the birthday doesn’t receive gifts, but instead gives gifts to those who are significant in life—telling friends and relatives thank you for making life better. At the House of Love, I will actually be given gifts and a cake—but I also will be purposeful in being grateful for God’s good plan not only me, but all those who are a part of my life! An amazing thing happens when we offer praise and thanksgiving to God. When we give God enjoyment, our own hearts are filled with joy" ~Rick Warren Please joyfully join me in thanksgiving and praise for what God is doing in Thailand!
Praise and Prayer Points:
· Thank you for praying for our House of Love (HOL) students to have a safe (yet fun!) October school-break. It was a good 3 weeks, with some able to spend memorable time with relatives. We praise God for Khun Nuwadee, the former teacher who was wonderful helping the kids to catch up on studies (especially math skills) over the break as well. Staff were able to finish the paperwork for many of the children’s identity cards, but some are still in process—please pray this can be finished in a timely way.
· Thank you for praying for the House of Blessing (HOB) families after recent flooding. We praise God for church friends in Thailand and in Norway partnering with us to replace bedding and mosquito nets damaged by water. Norwegian friends also are replacing clothing and supplying rice to aid these families.
· Thank you for praying that the new building for the CDPD to be completed on time. Phase 3 is now complete—and Khun Saylo, the director of the program, is very hopeful that the Christmas program will be able to be held in the new building. Enjoy the attached pictures! We also praise God for friends in Finland coming alongside to help with the parking lot plus drainage for the building (something we had not put into the grant—but became a real need!)
· Thank you for praying for Khun Amnuayporn and her retirement from the IMEMF. The staff and children did a wonderful job arranging a nice dinner and evening of sharing.
· Thank you for praying for this transition time—it is going well! Please continue to be in prayer for me and the staff as we adjust to new roles.
· Thank you for each person who financially supports me in my role as an American Baptist missionary. I was blessed by our conference for the Thailand Baptist Missionary Fellowship the last week in October. Over 50 Baptist missionaries and their families from Australia, Norway, Japan, USA, and Great Britain enjoyed 5 days of meetings sprinkled with times of worship and relaxation.