Commissioning at Upper Merion Baptist Church
Today I arrived in Cuba accompanied by my colleague Mary, and a group of 8 short-term missionaries from Upper Merion Baptist Church. Prior to our departure we were commissioned and blessed by the congregation of Upper Merion.
For the Upper Merion group, this next week will be a week of construction, both physical and relational, as they make their second trip to Cuba.
In addition to assisting the group during their time in Cuba, I will be discovering the rich diversity of the ministry of Baptist partners in this part of Cuba. I’ll be meeting leaders and congregations representing just a few of the more than 400 churches of the Eastern Baptist Convention of Cuba and seeking to find ways to continue and enrich our partnership.
We ask for your prayers each day as we learn, work alongside, serve, and are served. Please pray for:
- Our hosts, their families, and their health as they take on the additional responsibilities of hosting a team
- Brothers and sisters at the Baptist Church where the Upper Merion group will be serving
- Uneventful travels
- New experiences that strengthen and deepen our faith
- That we may encourage our brothers and sisters in Cuba
- For our families who are awaiting our safe return
Thank you for coming with us on the journey.