All of the HOL kids enjoyed having the team from Ohio visit—seen here en masse!
Going to the beach is always full of smiles!!
One of the daytrips was to a nature preserve—wonderful walks!!
Back in Chiang Mai, we took a daytrip to our favorite waterfall.
Integrated Ministries for Ethnic Minorities Foundation (IMEMF)
Prayer and Praise for May, 2012
The big news from the past month is that I welcomed a team of 15 from Ohio who blessed our children both at the House of Love (HOL) and at the Center for the Development of People with Disabilities (CDPD). Having new people visit also helps me see things afresh. As our HOL kids shared their testimonies with the visiting team, I repeatedly heard stories of kids who had been rejected and discriminated against finding acceptance, love, and forgiveness at the HOL. These kids are now growing into young adults who are growing in knowledge of God, wanting to serve Him out of love. Here is part of one of the testimonies from one of the young women at the HOL.
It has been a blessing from God to come and live at the House of Love. It has given me the opportunity to really know God. And I now believe in God and the way that He cares for me. All of the sponsors of the House of Love have very good hearts; they give us the opportunity to study, food to eat, and a place to live. I now believe that God will never forsake me and that God loves me even though I am not pretty, even though I am not complete; but God loves me just as I am and with the faith that I have for each day. As I walk forward in my life, I will pray and walk in the will of God. The things that I have been resentful about are getting less and less. I am beginning feel my worth more and more. And I want to obey God more and more every day. I believe that my life is not meaningless like I used to think. My dreams are as beautiful as the dreams of others because God has given me all of these things; given them to me so that I can know God.
Praise and Prayer Points:
· We praise God for the good summer break for our House of Love (HOL) students. The highlight was the trip to the beach, with day trips to a nature preserve, floating market, and water park. When we returned to Chiang Mai, the HOL kids all participated in a VBS-type program. Good Bible teaching is always a blessing!
· We praise God for financial supporters who support the different projects here in Thailand, as well as supplying my salary that enables me to serve the ethnic minority population.
· I praise God that He is restoring my health after battling a sore throat and fever for a number of days.
· May means schools reopen in Thailand—and that will be true for all of our kids at House of Love (HOL), the House of Blessing (HOB) and the children who study at the Center for the Development of People with Disabilities (CDPD). As you might imagine—there are many details that must come together. Please pray:
§ For our HOL staff as they have students at 9 different schools, each with different start dates and requirements!
§ For our HOB staff during the first week of May as they visit the slum communities and sign students up for the daycare program.
§ For our CDPD staff as they ready their facilities for the kids who have different disabilities.
· The House of Blessing (HOB) has had a relationship with the 5th graders from Grace International School (GIS) for the past 6 years. The students from both programs have already enjoyed a Christmas party earlier in the year at GIS. Now the GIS students will come to the HOB and host an Easter Story party. Please pray for good relationships and good understanding of who Jesus is and what He has done for each of us!
Thank you for your ministry of prayer to me and the people of northern Thailand.