Exhibit of NightLight photography class photos
NightLight girls watch video about the needy in Cambodia
Day by day, we continue to see the Lord's faithfulness. Here are some bullet-points highlighting praises and prayer requests from the ongoing work in Bangkok.
• We held two open house parties at our outreach center recently. During one of the parties, a male tourist trusted in Jesus! Praise God for preparing his heart and allowing us the joy of welcoming him into the family of God!
• The women loved participating in a photography class taught this summer by a volunteer. They were able to display their own creative expressions at a photo exhibition last month.
• A team from NightLight traveled to the Isaan region of Thailand in July. Isaan is a source area for much job-related migration to Bangkok, where many become vulnerable to commercial sexual exploitation. The team met with local leaders and hosted a community event to raise awareness of the risks of job related migration. We thank God for great feedback from community leaders in response to our latest Isaan campaign.
• We assisted another African trafficking victim escape her trafficker and return home to her country! A partner organization has offered her a job, counseling, and community support through the healing process in the days ahead. Praise God for the way He is so tenderly caring for her needs.
• Annie and Jeff are grateful for the generosity and encouragement they received during their travels in the U.S., and we praise God that they're home in Thailand!
• We thank God for bringing new volunteers Paul and Sarah who will serve in accounting and design and Allison and Dave who will serve in the development of our outreach center and coffee shop.
• A woman we know from outreach recently left her work in the red-light area and is working an office job. Pray for D-y, as she still faces the challenge of paying off debt that her ex-husband accrued, which is what caused her to start working in the bars initially.
• Due to the withdrawal of funding from a donor and the need to find a trustworthy contractor, our plans for developing the coffee shop in the red-light area have been delayed. Ask God to send funding for this project and to guide us as we look for a new contractor.
• We praise God that NightLight received its first large order for paper flowers from a Thai grocery chain. Please pray for unity and cooperation among the women employed at NightLight as they work on this project.
• Ask the Lord to connect NightLight with others eager to see prevention programs in the Isaan region of Thailand. Pray for funding to begin a job/skills training project for the Isaan Campaign.
• We are still waiting for a response from the Thai Revenue office. Agree with us in prayer for governmental favor for NightLight's ongoing work in Bangkok.
The Lord has given NightLight great vision and great joy in serving over 170 women and families affected by commercial sexual exploitation. Thank you for being an integral part of our work as you support us faithfully in prayer. Without the Lord's empowering, transformation is impossible. "But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere." (2 Corinthians 2:14)
With gratitude and hope of glory,
NightLight website: www.nightlightinternational.com
Buy NightLight jewelry: http://store.nightlightinternational.com/