Ann and Bruce serve as missionaries in Belo Horizonte, Brazil in partnership with JAMI, the international mission agency of the National Baptist Convention of Brazil. They equip Brazilian missionaries to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ in countries around the world, including unreached people groups in Brazil. Based at JAMI's missionary training center in Belo Horizonte, they serve as teachers and pastoral counselors training new missionaries in the areas of cross-cultural ministry skills, Christian community and economic development, and English language for mission.
Please join us in praying for:
• “D” (our student from this year), who will be leaving for North Africa at the end of December. He will do a required 2-month internship there before returning to Brazil to finish his nursing degree.
• JAMI missionary (and former student) Ana Paula who recently arrived in England to work with Portuguese speaking immigrants. Pray for perseverance as she learns the difficult language of … English.
• New JAMI missionaries (and students from this year’s class) Celso and Andréia, and their boys Samuel and Daniel, who will soon be leaving for Senegal, West Africa. Ask God for stamina as they visit churches and raise their financial support.
• Our church Igreja Batista Reviver – that God would guide us as we seek to faithfully expand his kingdom of grace and justice.
• Our son Asa as he takes another series of nine tests at the end of his freshman year of high school (something similar to the SAT). Our school year ends in December.
Thank you for walking with us on this journey. On the days when we feel discouraged, or just plain
exhausted, we remember your faithful, loving support and this renews our strength.