The person stepping into this role will have a background in finances and strategic operations management. This person will need strong leadership, analytical, financial and creative skills to transform and propel IM into sustainable new directions.
The CSO will drive revenue growth and fresh strategic approaches while bringing business perspective and operating discipline. The CSO will partner with the management team to launch successful change management including turnaround, improved cash flow and operating rigor.
The CSO will possess the ability to share the larger picture with the team and then bring it down to the grass roots level where specific duties and responsibilities may be assigned to those accountable for their implementation.
- The CSO will report to the Executive Director/CEO. He or she will oversee other leadership staff to create and implement strategic planning efforts that set a future course for the organization.
- The CSO will engage a variety of stakeholders including board and staff to chart a fresh strategic course that not only drives growth and expansion but provides clear direction to make staff effective and productive.
- The CSO will develop a plan to bring revenue and expenses into sustainable alignment which is measurable and maintainable. Put into place budgeting that is a reflection of the organization’s priorities and goals, sets clear expectations and manageable goals.
- The CSO will lead implementation of strategies.
- The CSO will establish individual performance objectives for key staff that are aligned with the budget goals.
- The CSO will evaluate internal talent to discern where individuals may serve the ministry most effectively.
Professional Qualifications and Personal Characteristics
- Master’s Degree strongly preferred; a degree in finance and management preferred.
- At least ten years’ experience in finances and strategic operations management.
- Interest in working with a faith-based organization. A faith aligned with the mission and the guiding values of IM.
- The vision to perceive opportunities for growth and improving the efficiency, quality and cost of IM services. Exhibits entrepreneurship.
- Strong organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development, task facilitation, without micro-managing, supervision and accountability.
- Change agent – effective leadership with the ability to “bring others along.” Can motivate and influence individuals and groups.
- High personal integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with staff and promote an atmosphere of mutual respect.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and sustain sound financial performance.
- Proven success working with a senior leadership team and a Board of Directors.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Compensation Commensurate with experience and other qualifications. International Ministries is an EEO employer and provides a comprehensive and flexible benefit package that includes medical, vision, dental, retirement, PTO, long-term disability and group term life insurance.
Submit a cover letter and resume to Bill Moran, the Moran Company. Resume should be chronological and include all professional education and experience, dates of employment (month and year), position/title and organization names. APPLY NOW
International Ministries, also known as the American Baptist Foreign Mission Society, works cross-culturally to invite people to become disciples of Jesus Christ and to proclaim, through both word and deed, God’s reign of justice, peace and abundant life for all creation.