Employment type: Full time, exempt
Location: King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Application deadline: November 15, 2019 or until filled
Position Overview: The Mission Partnership Coordinator works closely with global servants and their mission partnership teams (MPTs) to achieve effective support for the missionary and associated ministry. This role provides a connection between global servants, their area directors, the home office Global Mission Team and Donor Services to resolve donation issues and assist global servants to achieve their personalized support goal (PSG). The Mission Partnership Coordinator also provides emotional and spiritual encouragement for global servants and their MPT members. This position’s primary work location will be the Home Office in King of Prussia, PA
- Coaching global servants to achieve funding success within the Personalized Support Model framework.
- Monthly PSG/Financial Support Status monitoring of GMT report — Reviewing status and progress of personalized fundraising to meet the PSG; reporting to global servants, the Global Mission Team (GMT), and the Vision Coordination Team (VCT).
- Coordinating PSG support process and accountability for global servants.
- Supporting church relations and guiding involvement from volunteers in ABC or elsewhere as appropriate to connect churches, global servants and IM representatives.
- Facilitating MPT formation, conduct orientation and effectiveness. This involves consulting with newly endorsed global servants and guiding them through the steps and guidelines to form an MPT:
- Participating in the global servant’s endorsement orientation. Explaining the role of the MPT in Mission Partnership Network (MPN) development, deputation planning, making the ask, use of Donor Elf and PSG monitoring and donor cultivation practices.
- Conducting the MPT orientation, which is recommended within 90 days of the global servant’s endorsement orientation and is typically a 4-hour in-person orientation with global servants and MPT members.
- Evaluating MPT effectiveness by checking in with MPT conveners/team liaisons or global servants. Contact is face-to-face whenever possible but is more often accomplished via phone, virtual meeting or email. Assessing how the MPT is functioning, answering questions, making recommendations for new actions and determining if special assistance may be needed from the home office staff, especially if the global servant is falling behind their PSG.
- Building relationships, which includes meeting with MPT members whenever traveling in their respective areas, as well as tracking and recording changes in MPT membership or updating contact information in IM database.
- Monitoring the monthly PSG/Financial Support Status report, summarizing for leadership, communicating with global servants, and taking proactive action. Engaging in GMT meetings as an active representative of the development team. Updating MPT effectiveness twice per year and providing a summary report to the GMT. PSG monitoring and support responsibilities include convening support calls for global servants or endorsees who are struggling to meet the PSG. Proactively leading the process in identifying action steps and deputation strategies in coordination with the appropriate area director and following up to successful completion before the situation becomes critical.
- Providing relational care, personalized communications and encouragement for MPTs; conducting MPT commissioning and installation as part of global servant’s commissioning service; designing opportunities for training and cross-team networking, such as:
- Conduct gatherings/trainings held in conjunction with ABC or IMsponsored national events, IM World Mission Conference and ABC Mission Summits
- Conduct regional one-day training events – with representatives from multiple MPTs
- Initiate conference calls on specific topics or conversations with IM staff
- Create and circulate monthly e-newsletter to all MPT members
- Initiate occasional segmented communication with MPT conveners, DonorElf administrators, pastoral care providers, etc.
- Provide resources and ideas for MPT ministry – MPT Toolkit, edits and updates
- Create documentation of MPT membership as volunteers with IM for those who wish to itemize MPT-related expenses on their tax returns
- Recruit and train Special Assistants for MPTs to encourage and support MPTs in a given region or for a specific ministry. MPT Special Assistants provide leadership at training events, assist with MPT orientations and offer specific follow-up with MPTs in their geographic location or in a specific area of ministry
- Schedule bi-monthly Skype conferences with the Special Assistants o Engaging with development, volunteers and staff and coordinating missionary speakers within ABC regions and the Senior Director of Donor Development and Church Relations to ensure adequate IM presence and coordination of the IM resource table at annual, biennial and special ABC conferences.
- Engaging with development, volunteers and staff and coordinating missionary speakers within ABC regions and the Senior Director of Donor Development and Church Relations to ensure adequate IM presence and coordination of the IM resource table at annual, biennial and special ABC conferences.
- In summary, this role is comprised of these essential functions in the following proportion:
- 40% Follow up and evaluate and assess effectiveness, monitor and report PSG achievement, conduct global servant support, Donor Elf support, to affect PSG results.
- 35% Development of MPT Model –curriculum/training modules; Conduct MPT orientations and individualized trainings.
- 25% Provide relational care, encouragement to MPTs. Respond to questions and requests from ABC constituency, deputations and support church relations.
Education, License, Certification
1. Minimum bachelor’s degree, with theological/Christian education studies preferred. Experience (job-related) 1. 3 years’ or more in effective personalized fundraising as a global servant or in coaching/training others in personalized fundraising.
2. 5 years’ experience as a global servant or pastoral or management-level staff or equivalent; ABC knowledge a plus.
3. Nonprofit experience in an ABC organization or other mission agency
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA)
1. Written faith testimony required
2. Understanding of faith and fundraising
3. Skilled with database usage
4. Ability to teach and influence outcomes
5. Competent user of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) and Zoom, Skype or other virtual meeting applications 6. Willingness to support IM’s mission and the mission of American Baptist Churches.
Spanish language proficiency useful
How to Apply:
To apply, email HR@internationalministries.org. Identify the position title and where you learned of the vacancy in the subject line. Attach a current resume and any supporting documentation for further evaluation of qualifications and experience. Thank you in advance for your interest in joining IM’s mission. International Ministries is an EEO employer and provides a comprehensive and flexible benefit package. A detailed description of this position is available upon request.
International Ministries, also known as the American Baptist Foreign Mission Society, works cross-culturally to invite people to become disciples of Jesus Christ and to proclaim, through both word and deed, God’s reign of justice, peace and abundant life for all creation.