Employment type: Full time, non-exempt
Location: King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Application deadline: November 25, 2019 or until filled
Position Overview: This Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the Area Director (AD) to Iberoamerica and Caribbean. Area Directors are responsible for managing personnel and partnerships in different regions of the world, as well as IM’s team of Global servants, connecting all these personnel and partners effectively with IM, as a whole, and with partners in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
- Handle daily communications (email, text, VOIP, voice) with personnel and partners.
- Monitor and follow up on all key personnel- and partnership-related tasks and processes
- Facilitate excellent working relationships between the AD and personnel, partners and other IM teams
- Make travel arrangements for the AD
- Coordinate activities related to global servant debriefings at the home office
- Assist the AD with budget development, fund releases and financial tracking for the region and Global personnel, partners and projects
- Respond to requests from Mission Partnership Team members as they support the region and Global personnel
- Plan housing and cultural experiences for international leaders and other visitors hosted by the AD
- Manage multiple priorities while giving top priority to facilitating real-time communication between the AD and global personnel, other IM teams and international and domestic partners
- Represent the AD when the AD is absent from the office
- Perform on job-sharing teams, i.e. Mail Opening, Front Desk Reception, Kitchen clean-up, etc.
- Facilitate registration for conferences and special events
- Collaborate with Mission Advancement Team on communications, marketing and events communication for personnel, partners and projects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and written in both English and Spanish.
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum four years of administrative experience with strong competency in Microsoft Office, Adobe and Social Media
- Ability to work independently with flexibility and willingness to learn
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and diplomacy skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate cross-culturally with effectiveness
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Willingness to work in a multi-cultural and cross-cultural setting
- Knowledge of IM, appreciation for American Baptist life and ministry, and membership in ABC church helpful but not required
How to Apply:
To apply, email HR@internationalministries.org. Identify the position title and where you learned of the vacancy in the subject line. Attach a current resume and any supporting documentation for further evaluation of qualifications and experience. Thank you in advance for your interest in joining IM’s mission. International Ministries is an EEO employer and provides a comprehensive and flexible benefit package. A detailed description of this position is available upon request.
International Ministries, also known as the American Baptist Foreign Mission Society, works cross-culturally to invite people to become disciples of Jesus Christ and to proclaim, through both word and deed, God’s reign of justice, peace and abundant life for all creation.