Pray for Carrie and Kurt Smalley reaching people for Christ and planting churches in Hungary.June 22, 2016
Carrie and Kurt Smalley
Kurt and Carrie felt the call to serve in the mission field later in life. They currently serve as church planters working at a new Hungarian Baptist church in Vecses, Hungary, called “the Barka.” Since the Barka has drawn people from over 20 communities to worship consistently, Carrie and Kurt are starting other sister church plants.
The Smalleys also seek to draw others to the gospel through men’s and women’s Bible studies, English Bible studies, a patchwork club, a men’s club, friendship evangelism and children’s evangelistic day camps. They also serve at an English camp that is open to people from across Hungary. The camp’s purpose is to help Hungarians improve their English speaking abilities in order to obtain better schooling and better paying jobs.
They recently wrote in a prayer update: 'Tis the camp season! Kurt left this morning for 10 days to help with the Grain Game camps (a child evangelism day camp) in the former Hungarian area of the Ukraine. (Not near the war zone!) I just got word that they arrived to their first destination safely. Practically every day this summer will be a camp of some kind that most likely we are involved with. Traveling mercies prayers would be MUCH appreciated! Sometimes we are doing 'shift work' like now, where Kurt is out doing the camps and I am preparing for guests to come. We will have MANY guests this summer (for which we are thankful!).
• For traveling mercies
• For strength and endurance through all the camps
• For a house to rent for a good price and extra rooms for guests
• For the Vecses church (The Barka) to find another location to meet - we need to be out of the too small existing building by August 1st
• Praise for the Barka being very crowded! One of the few churches in Hungary that is!
• For wisdom and continuing language growth for us both
• For the healing of Kurt's hearing - especially his left ear.