Ann serves as Global Consultant for ministry “From Everywhere to Everyone” to build capacity in contextualized theological education, servant leadership, cross-cultural skills development, church-based holistic community transformation and work with refugees. Bruce serves as Global Consultant for Holistic Community and Economic Development to promote faith-based social entrepreneurship, servant leadership, cross cultural skills development, and church-based holistic community transformation. They work alongside a wide range of Baptist partners including those in Brazil, Cambodia, Indonesia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, and others.
They write – Here are some praises:
- the Safe Space Learning Center serving Myanmar refugees in Kuala Lumpur is up and running again in their new location. It offers classes in computer applications, English, and traditional crafts. Equally important is the ’safe space’ it provides for refugees to meet together for fellowship and mutual encouragement.
- TEE Aotearoa (New Zealand) – several church-based small groups have started as a result of the Group Leaders training in July. We are encouraged by the growing interest in introducing TEE (theological education by extension) resources especially among diaspora churches (Burmese, Filipino, Chinese, Korean, Brazilian, Russian, etc.).
- For about 10 days we will have the whole Borquist and Noyes families together for Christmas – the last time this happened was for Elena and Mark’s wedding in 2008!
and prayer requests:
- that all the elements would come together to launch the Master of Pastoral Counseling program at Central Philippine University by April 2020. The MAPC is designed especially for the Asia context and will be open to Baptist partners across the region (Vietnam, Myanmar, Indonesia, Thailand, etc.).
- TEE Cambodia and its plans to expand from projects in two provinces to an additional 5 provinces.
- SAIN (“Dear Child Indonesia”) – pray for new mentors across the country who will meet weekly with kids 5 – 16 yrs old to share Jesus in everyday activities. The goal is to reach 10,000 kids in the next couple of years.
- Bruce is on the final [long] stretch of doctoral program – please pray for endurance as he finalizes his thesis and submits it to his examiners.